Monday, September 17, 2012

Apple Pie Smoothie


This morning I woke up and had to whip up breakfast fast! I had to be at work  early and needed to eat and get my workout done pronto. I received these delicious Macintosh apples in my organic produce delivery last week and have been enjoying them immensely.  Now that fall is officially here ,well not really in South Florida,I just pretend the palm tree frawns change color like the leaves do up north. I miss autumn in Pennsylvania SO much every year. Nostalgia got the best of me this morning so I created this great breakfast shake invoking memories of warm apple pie coming from my Grandma's oven on crisp fall days.

This picture is a picture perfect example of beautiful autumn leaves in the Northern USA during the fall months. I wish I could lace up my trainers and just go for a run down this lane don't you?
                                                                                 Source: flickr.com via Michelle on Pinterest


Apple Pie Smoothie

1 cup cashew milk or your favorite milk
Apple washed and cored
1/4 cup of certified gluten free rolled oats 

1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
Dash cinnamon
Liquid Stevia to taste
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop unflavored or vanilla whey protein (I used About Time Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored -- 2 lbs)

Ice

Combine all ingredients in Blendtec or blender and process till smooth. Garnish with an additional dash of cinnamon. Serves 1.


Today's Workout Blip

I finished my 12 week Bikini Plan from the Get in Shape Girl and now Kyra, the"Get in Shape" girl, is my personal "virtual" trainer. She plans my workouts for me every day. This has been great for me. As I tend to scramble when I put together my own routines and have never mastered coming up with my own balanced weight routines. Here is my workout from today that I performed in my "home" gym. I was crunched for time and just couldn't get to my regular gym.

Warm Up Stretch
Circuit 1 - Three Times
Inch worm to alternating side plank x 5 (right/ left = 1)
Superman x 30 seconds
Bridge hold x 30 sec
boat pose x 30 sec
Circuit 2 - Three Times
SB Chest flyes x 12
decline push ups x 15 - 20
flutter kicks on stomach x 20 each leg
split stance, alternating rows x 6 each arm, each leg fwd
Circuit 3 - Three Times
SB Chest press, alternating down x 10 each arm (hold db’s up, then lower 1 down at a time)
Wall push ups w/ clap (plyo) x 15 - 20
Bent over rear delt flyes x 15
overhand grip pull ups x 12 *optional*
(if you are working out from home, use your kitchen sink.  grip the counter overhand, lean back and pull yourself toward the sink, squeezing your shoulder blades together on the way up)
stretch

Stay strong and carry on,

Brooklynn

No comments:

Post a Comment